Wednesday, March 23, 2011

St. Paddy's/Wedding/Weekend Recap

Sooooo...
Last Thursday was St. Patrick's Day, and I got to spend the evening...at work. It was REALLY busy, though towards the end of my shift, one of the E.R. doctors was starting a dialysis catheter and was nice enough to explain what he was doing (I think he saw the crazy in my eyes...I get that way with medicine; I think it's SO cool) and let me help him out a bit. Really neat. After that, I headed over to the apartments to see Kyle and hang out with people, but it turns out most of them had already left for the bar, and the ones who hadn't were headed to bed. Seeing as I had to be back at work at 0430 on Friday, I was a big fat ball of fun, and went home to bed as well, hahaha.

I got to wear my favorite green sweater...yay!

...AND my green Vans. Everyone was laughing at how green I was that day.


My DELICIOUS Irish dinner. Forgive the cabbage, I know it's not a true Irish thing...I just love cabbage. The Corned beef from the cafeteria...amazing.

Friday night, Kyle and I went to the Mission Tiki drive in, and saw Paul and The Adjustment Bureau (awful). Paul was...funny. Not as good as I'd hoped it would be - the main guys are the same ones from Shaun of the Dead, which was much better, in my opinion. It was still fun though, we went in our jammies and got some McDonalds on the way for dinner.

Saturday, we had a small birthday dinner for Aunty Audrey...me, mom, sisters, Cameron (sister's boyfriend), Chris and Pas (cousin and girlfriend), grandma, great aunt, and Kyle came over for dessert and...CRANIUM! Greatest game ever. So much fun. Everybody went home, and Kyle and I did nerdy computer things 'til about 1 am, hahaha.

Sunday morning, mom, A.A. and I went and met Dan (mom's boyfriend) at Corner Bakery for coffee/breakfast. Yummy. Did some random last minute shopping for pantyhose and cards and stuff before we got ready to go to the wedding. Oh yeah, the wedding...

Was cold.
About 40 degress with the wind chill factor.
So it was dresses, heels, and...snow jackets? Yup. Mom and aunt were in their snow/ski jackets and I LUCKILY had Kyle's pea coat. I looked really cute, to say the least. Hahahaha....About halfway through the evening, it started dumping rain on us...Thank goodness Kyle was able to pick me up earlier; we left at about 8:05 pm, and I was SO ready to put on my jammies.

We spent the night in Dana Point...FUN! And in the morning we drove up PCH to...


Kyle wasn't feeling very photogenic. Still cute though. :)

SUGAR SHACK! Kyle's been talking about this place for forever, and I wanted to finally try it; let me tell you, it was delicious. OMG good. There was rain everywhere, but luckily we got a seat inside, and I had some great eggs and Hollandaise sauce. Yummy yummy! Plus, Kyle hadn't been there in a really long time, but one of the waiters still recognized him. Fun. He took me home after, and I had to get ready to go back to work :(. All in all though, it was a fantastic weekend.  I don't get to get away very often, and I enjoyed every second of it. Now, I'm on day 2 of my 6 day stretch at work, and it's not been too awful so far. I'm hoping it stays this way. Thanks for listening to my epic weekend stories (not really, but hey) all, I'll be back soon.

Off to the gym!

3 comments:

  1. Put the coo coo back in the clock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be taking pics of your blankets and hats and everything your working on and posting them. FYI. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be, promise!!! I've gotta pin down a certain nonphotogeneic SOMEBODY to get pictures of them though, lol.

    ...YOU put it back in the clock! Hahahaha <3

    ReplyDelete