Thursday, March 31, 2011

READY for another weekend :)

Well Helloooooo blog! It's been another week...what can I say, I'm getting used to this whole "journal about life" thing. BUT, Kyle suggested that I take pictures of projects that I've done so far, and that's what I kinda started this blog for. Nothing too exciting to report yet, but I DO have a few to take pictures of. I don't have pictures of all of them, but that's because most (ok all) of them were gifts, so I'm gonna have to go track down their recipients and pin them down long enough to take pictures of them. :)


1)  This is a lavender lapghan (like an afghan, but smaller. For your lap. I'm sure you got that.) I started this one about a year and a half ago, and I'm JUST getting around to finishing it now. It's gonna go to my amazing cousin Alex, who's currently in Washington, with AmeriCorps.

2) This is the FIRST hat I ever knit the right way (i.e. on circular needles, for anyone who knows what that is). I made it back in October, and it went to Kyle. Since then, he's also gotten some Celtic fingerless mittens and another beanie, with earflaps. You can see his rendition of said hat here. I'll try to get an actual picture of it soon. :)


3) THIS handsome fellow is Bugsy. He's a Boston Bull Terrier, and damnit his lil ears get chilly sometimes when he's hanging out with all us peeps in the garage. So, his mama asked me to knit him a beanie, and it think he looks pretty spiffy. He didn't even seem to mind wearing it that much! You can't see it, but the chinstrap fastens on the other side with this awesome black-and-white polka dot button. SO cute.

Anyways, I hope you like these projects; there's much more to come, as soon as I can get pics. Three more hats, gloves, blankets, ahhhh! Apparently I've been a busy crafter, and I didn't even realize that. Haha.

On another note, I'm so ready for this weekend! Sat, Sun, and Mon off...pure bliss. Mom's outta town with the bf for the weekend. I got Tangled on Blue-Ray (Kyle doesn't know it yet but he will be watching it with me. Shhh...oh wait. What's that? He follows this blog? Damnit...foiled again!). Who knows what else I'll do?! I'll keep you posted!

Gabs

1 comment: