Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cambios.

A lot has changed in this past month...I've moved out, bought a bike (and have become a little obsessed with riding it, i must say) gotten back in touch with some people who I've missed dearly, and become close with someone who I've known as a casual friend/acquaintance for several years, but now I see in a different light. They're caring and fun, and it's nice to be around people who look forward to spending time with you, you know?

Anyways...this means I've been on a wee bit of a hiaitus with the knitting and general old-spinster-tasticness that usually consumes my life, but I'm getting back into it.

I've also registered for school for this month, and I'm SO excited to go back. I've missed it. I never thought I would miss it, but I did :). And now, I have a super awesome bike to ride there and back! I don't have any pictures of me with it, but I DO have a picture of me wit hthe first bike that I bought (which I later traded in for my current baby).

A super excited me with a Trek 8.2 DS, the day I bought it.

The ride mate and I, on the train back to Dana Point after riding to Oceanside...Total miles for the day: 37. Awesome.

The NEW new baby. Trek 7.3 Hybrid. YUM. Lurve.
 One of the stops on our most recent ride (Newport Dunes-ish area. 11.8 miles of gorgeous surroundings...swooning over here!)

Things I've learned recently:
  1. Excedrin 30-45 minutes before a long ride makes a HUGE difference in muscle fatigue.
  2. Good friends make everything ok. Even if it's just for a night, or a few hours, it's ok.
  3. Malabrigo really IS as awesome as everyone said it was.
  4. Biking outside in the morning makes the rest of the day a lot better...and biking at night after work makes the shift shorter, and it the best way to end a stressful day.
Hope you're all doing well...knitting pics coming soon, I promise. :)
<3 Gabs

1 comment: